Monday, April 1, 2013

Numero Uno!

Hey everyone!

My name is Casey Nakamura, and I'm one of the lucky students who was chosen to be a part of the Episcopal Youth Event 2014 Planning Team! It's an honor to be selected, and I am incredibly excited to get to work. For those of you who aren't sure what EYE is, or are hearing about it for the first time, here's a brief overview of the event.

(PS. Be sure to "like" us on facebook for updates! https://www.facebook.com/EpiscopalYouthEvent, and for more detailed information check out http://episcoyouth.org/category/episcopal-youth-event/ )

Every three years, hundreds of Episcopal Youth come together in a designated city to spend five days together, doing worship and meeting new friends.

It's an amazing opportunity to get to learn more about our theology and meet people from all over the country and world. I attended EYE 2011, and I can honestly say that it was a life-changing experience. Meeting new friends, learning new things, and travelling to a new place are all things that made it one of the most powerful things I have ever experienced.

The purpose of this blog is to keep anyone interested updated on the planning and development of the next EYE, which will be help in Philadelphia! If anyone has questions regarding eligibility, how to be a part of this great event, or any questions about my experiences, don't hesitate to email me at casey.k.nakamura@gmail.com

God Bless,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment